Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fudge in Five .... No Fudgin'!

This is by far the easiest fudge recipe I've ever come across. My Mama gave it to me and I actually think she found it in the book that came with her microwave. This is a NEVER FAIL recipe, so easy even the kids can do it, and mine have -- successfully.

Fudge
1 bag (12 oz.) chips (can use peanut butter, milk chocolate, semi-sweet, white or Swirls)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 c. butter
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Place all ingredients (except nuts) in a large bowl. Microwave at medium (50%) until chips are melted, 3-5 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts. Pour into well-greased 8x8 baking dish. Refrigerate until set.

Variation: Can substitute 6 oz. peanut butter chips for 6 oz. of chocolate chips to make a chocolate-peanut butter fudge.

Or, you could stir in a cup of broken pretzel pieces instead of nuts to make a chocolaty-salty treat.

My family loves, loves, LOVES this fudge and it is so easy that I make several varieties throughout the season. I've even packaged it in tins and given as teacher gifts.

Enjoy!

No comments: